Complex decisions, often involving many parties in disagreement, need leaders who can guide a team to a timely, effective resolution. Decision leaders play a specific role, guiding and facilitating decision makers, decision support teams, and other stakeholders. Building on the concepts of Decision Quality and the Dialogue Decision Process (DDP), this class teaches you how to lead a group to a decision.
- Manage a group's interpersonal and organizational dynamics
- Guide dialogue among decision makers and project teams to produce a high-quality decision
- Effectively facilitate interactions at each step of the DDP
- Identify what decision-makers will need to make the best choice in a challenging situation
- Discuss types of conflict and their potential effects on reaching a quality decision
- Select the best process for handling many types of decisions
- Ensure your team is solving the right problem by how you guide them to frame and scope the issue
- Identify the obstacles – organizational, analytical, and content – to good decision making
- Lead the project team and decision board in productive dialogue and facilitate agreement and clarity of action
- Gain insight into your own strategic leadership capabilities and areas for potential improvement
It is strongly recommended that you attend the Decision Quality: Make the Right Choice Every Time class prior to attending this class.
- At UT Austin
- At your workplace