Decision models are created to generate insights that can guide and inform strategic decision-making. You will create models, extract powerful insights and be prepared to present analysis results to those who make complex strategic decisions.
Highlights & Benefits
Experience & Impact
- Design models with a parametric approach to maximize insights
- Anticipate decision-makers’ questions and design in features to answer them
- Understand sensitivity analysis and the information it provides
- Conduct probabilistic analysis to general additional insights and understand risk
- Identify how to effectively communicate the insights derived from your model
This class will equip you to answer questions including, which strategic alternative creates the most value? Why is it better than the others? How much risk does it entail? What are the most important sources of risk?
Session Topics Includes:
- Use influence diagrams to help structure a model
- Learn gold standards for developing decision models in spreadsheets
- Build a decision model for a typical business strategy situation
- Discover how to create flexible models that allow you to analyze multiple strategic alternatives
- Learn best practices for diagnosing and preventing errors in your model
Presented by a collaboration of the SDG Decision Education Center and our academic partner, the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania